We are happy to announce first meeting after we recently announced our collaboration with Lync Users Group.
Special thanks to KEMP Technologies who will provide a full license of VLM-200 to every attendee at no cost.
Arrival – Networking – 6:00 pm
Intro – 6:15 pm
Load Balancing and Reverse Proxy – 6:30 pm
Break – Networking – Food – 7:15 pm
Lync 2013 Edge Deep Dive – 7:30 pm
Prizes and Wrap Up – 8:30 pm
Kevin Peters is President at Lync Users Group. He has impressive resume being a Lync MCM, Former Microsoft MVP for Lync, Managing UC architect at Unify Square and an all around nice guy!
Kevin will take us on a technical deep dive of Lync Edge role discussing details such as application & network architecture, optimization, scalability and resiliency. Something you don’t want to miss!
I will be discussing details of load balancing Lync and the importance and role of reverse proxy in Lync deployments. Could you have guessed?
While it might be repetitive, it is worth noting what we are doing and why:
- The collaboration with Lync Users Group will bring us better content, better vendor participation and better sponsorship going forward.
- We will start using our new Meetup group which will help us manage registrations better. Make sure you check it out and join.
- Our user group remains same with same leadership between Chad, Richard, Rob and myself. Your participation and contributions are always encouraged and welcome as before.
- The name of user group remains unchanged. We will continue to call it Philadelphia Unified Communications Users Group (@phillyucug on twitter). Make sure you follow us on twitter if you aren’t already.
- We will continue to meet at monthly intervals as we did before. However, there is a small change in format: we will present Lync content every quarter inline with Lync Users Group requirements. Remaining two meeting each quarter will be dedicated to Exchange and Office 365 related topics. This will help us focus our content better while meeting requirement to join Lync Users Group.
- The group will continue to be free for all as before.
So go ahead and sign up for upcoming meeting and make sure to spread the work and bring your friends and colleagues to the meeting. Let’s make this a grand success.